A likely escapee European Greenfinch was observed at a platform feeder in Lambton Woods on Thursday just after noon. The observers, Paul Xamin and I, had no clue what it was but with the help of ex Brits Paul Prior and through Paul, David Beadle, they identified the bird from photographs taken by us. We have not been back to thr area. Sorry for thr late post-there was some confusion about which one of us was going to report it and whether or not to report it all becvcause it is most likely an escapee.

To get to James Gardens go to Royal York Road and Eglinton Ave West in west Toronto. Drive south on Royal York and turn left on Edenbridge Dr. The James Park entrance is on your right at the bottom of the hill. From the parking lot walk south parallel to the Humber River about .5KM. You will enter Lambton Woods while walking along this trail. You will see a secondary trail on your right and look for 2 plastic bottle hanging bird feeders and a small platform feeder. This is where the bird was seen. We observed it for 5 minutes before it left but we suspect it would return.