Ontbird readers might not be aware of a male Garganey near Mirabel airport
present for at least 6 days.

It was seen this morning by a group from Kingston: Erwin Batalla, Bud Rowe,
Mark Read, and myself at 8.15-8.45 am.

Directions and photos are on e-bird and Quebec rare bird website. There are
thousands of Snow Geese using this pond as well as other waterfowl. I missed
the Garganey on my first trip last Monday afternoon when it was probably
sleeping in the vegetation.

Directions: Take Highway 50 (which passes Mirabel airport) to its east end just
1.5 km east of Trans-Canada Highway 15 at highway 117. Turn north (left) on
117, and left again immediately onto Montee Guenette. Then within 2 km take the
first right on Rang Sainte Marguerite. This short road goes through the pond
and allows a few places to park on a narrow shoulder. The Garganey was on the
right or south side today.

www.quebecoiseaux.org/index.php?...oiseauxrares

Paul Mackenzie