I apologise for a rather imprecise location, but it was getting dark under
lowering skies with occasional rain, I wasn't about to stop. Last evening while
driving south on Buckhorn Road, just south of the town of Buckhorn, a sandhill
crane flew at low altitude from west to east over the road. A check on Google
Maps shows a marshy area to the east of Buckhorn Road, I presume it was heading
for that, as it did seem to go into a descending glide after it crossed the
road and went behind trees.

The town of Buckhorn is located at the intersection of County Road 36, Buckhorn
Road, and Lakehurst Road, at the northeast end of Buckhorn Lake. Traveling
northeast from Toronto would take approximately 2 hours. GPS coordinates for
the flyover point would be approximately N 44.54206° W 078.32965°

Dave Bailey