This morning (May 19) Jim Nealon and I pulled up to the main Moodie Drive
gravel pit and began checking the waterfowl. Among the first birds we saw
were two wigeon, a male Eurasian wigeon and a female. The ducks slowly swam
to the middle of the pit and we were so busy watching the male that we took
scant notice of the female and so did not get many details on her. We saw
the birds around 9 a.m. They were there when we left.

Directions (from memory right now):

>From 416 just south of the Queensway (417) take Fallowfield west to Moodie
and turn left (south). The main pit is visible on the left side from the
roadside, after passing intersection with Cambrian and Trail roads.

--
Howard Youth
howard.yo...@gmail.com