Art Needles, John Watson, Ron Fleming and new team member Christopher Dunn were
with me as we drove 343 kilometres around Simcoe County from 3:30 a.m. to 9:20
p.m.  The weather was very cooperative with rain showers happening while we
were in transit between birding target areas.  Highlights of the day were 10
Golden-winged Warblers in the Tiffault Trail, Kinnear Road and Cowan Trail area
near Matchedash Bay, a Lincoln's Sparrow at Collingwood Harbour, three Upland
Sandpipers south of the hamlet of Batteaux, Chris hearing a Cape May Warbler
singing from a farm evergreen windbreak as we drove along Concession 6,
Sunnidale after viewing the Bald Eagle nest from Concession 6 and 15/16 Side
Road and getting three sparrow species in minutes at Pine Grove Road, Essa.
Our sponsors will receive full reports in due course.
Team Leader
Kevin Shackleton