Hi Everyone
With the water levels still high along the Ottawa River and at various eastern
lagoons I finally had my first south bound shorebirds this morning along the
Carp River at Carp. In the flooded fields off Rivington Street were a small
number of adult shorebirds; 2 Lesser Yellowlegs, 1 Greater Yellowlegs, 2
Solitary Sandpiper and 2 Least Sandpiper. Also present were 2 Sora, 1 Virginia
Rail, 1 Common Gallinule and 2 Common Tern. Along Donald B. Munro Drive just
past Marathon, 3 adult Sandhill Cranes were feeding in a field. At the corner
of Panmure Road and Upper Dwyer Hill Road 1 Upland Sandpiper was observed along
with numerous Eastern Meadowlark and Bobolinks. Also observed in the same area
were numerous flocks of juvenile European Starling, Red-winged Blackbird, and
Common Grackle. If you require additional information, please email me
privately.
Good birding,
Bruce

Di Labio Birding Website