Dear Birders,
Sandhill Cranes are becoming more common in the Pointe au Baril area.
However, the Sandhills that are near our cottage are quite interesting. On
Saturday and Sunday evening they (Male and female with a chick) swam across
our bay. Our bay is about 130m wide and probably 5m deep. I was certainly
surprised and thought some would be interested in hearing about our
Sandhills. I do have pictures.

Pointe au Baril is 42 kms north of Parry Sound; however, our cottage is
quite a distance from the mainland. The bay in question is found at
45.51044N 80.47279W.

Best,
Max

--