Hi Ontbirders
Today, October 4th, I spent 3 hours birding from Shirley's Bay to Britannia
Pier along the Ottawa River at Lake Deschenes. There appeared to have been a
small fallout of waterfowl with a number of flocks resting on the river. I
counted a total of 146 Brant (4 flocks) , 138 White-winged Scoter (3 flocks)  5
Surf Scoter and 1 male Black Scoter. Other species noted included 27
Red-breasted Merganser, 62 Greater Scaup, 38 Lesser Scaup, 4 Common Goldeneye,
18 American Black Duck, 12 Mallard, 14 Northern Pintail and 7 Green-winged
Teal. Also counted 3 Red-necked Grebe, 2 Horned Grebe and 2 Common Loon. I
checked later in the afternoon and all the Brant had left along with most of
the puddle ducks.
Good birding,
Bruce

Directions: There are a number of viewing point between Shirley's Bay and
Britannia Point. All areas are accessible off Carling Ave.

Di Labio Birding Website
Courses and Field Trips
http://www.dilabiobirding.ca
http://www.brucedilabio.blogspot.com