After 2 hours of looking, I was finally able to locate, about 45 minutes ago,
the previously reported Franklin's Gull. The bird was upstream of Adam Beck,
opposite Devils Hole SP and was sitting on the rocks in the river with at least
several hundred other gulls.

It then flew downstream towards Adam Beck although I have been unable to
relocate it after moving my position to the overlook. It may have gone back
towards Devil's Hole.

Directions - QEW to Hwy 405. Take the Stanley Ave exit and cross over the 405
to Portage Rd.  Turn right and follow Portage to the roundabout, then take
Niagara Pkwy upstream in the direction of the Falls. Just past the Adam Beck
hydro facility is the overlook on the left side of the road. There is room
there for parking.

There is a decent viewing area for Devil's Hole about 400m upstream from the
Adam Beck overlook. Take the paved path upstream from the overlook towards the
falls. When you get to the first hydro tower along the paved path, there is a
white cylinder shaped object to your left, and a dirt trail leading to the edge
of the gorge. There is room for maybe a couple of people to set up there with a
relatively unobstructed view. There is no fence however, so extreme caution is
warranted.

David Pryor

Sent from my iPhone