At the end of another gorgeous day of late fall birding in Prince Edward
County, I decided to scope the waterfowl in West Lake at the north end of
Sandbanks Provincial Park and was treated to a dark/grey phase Gyrfalcon
attempting an (unsuccessful) horizontal chase of a scaup.  The Gyr  circled
back and passed in front of me (at the very south end of West Lake) then
followed the dune ridge northward and perched in a large leafless tree perhaps
1 km away, where it sat for several minutes before continuing north along the
dune ridge out of view (towards Presqu'ile.-- great prediction in this week's
report, Fred!!).

Jarmo

Sandbanks Provincial Park is reached by taking Hwy 62 south from the 401 at
Belleville.  Follow signs to County Rd 12, which takes you to the park.

Sent from my iPhone