Hello birders,

Since posting about the continuing Lark Sparrow earlier today, I have had a
few e-mails regarding the status of the Elegant Tern.With winter listing
starting at the end of the week too, I thought a post to the broader group
would be appropriate at this time.

In our time on the river today, David Pryor and I did not see the bird. We
also ran into many birders who were searching, and they had the same
results.
I know that Rich Marina and its pier was checked by multiple observers at
varying times. David and I checked the Canadian side near "He's not here"
on the rocks where it was roosting yesterday and found only Ring-billed
Gulls. We also checked all the major spots in that vicinity.I know other
birders even went further abroad.
I put the bug in folks' ear to let me know if they had found it by the end
of today and thus far I have no positive reports. E-bird, at this point,
shows no reports for today (that I can see).

I do not think the bird was seen today. It has been suggested to me that
the bird was not content with its predicament and has perhaps moved on or
maybe further afield.

Any reports positive or negative at this point would be appreciated.

Len Manning