I was able to relocate the bird this afternoon. It was sitting on the hydro
line on the east side of Glamorgan Road approximately 1.2 km north of the
intersection of Glamorgan and 503. This is approximately 7-8 km south of
where the first GGOW was reported two days ago and exactly where it was
reported earlier today.

Just a couple of notes. The bird was tolerant of vehicles passing by on the
road but was very skittish when approached on foot. I parked the car
approximately 200 m away from the bird and as soon as I exited the car the
bird flushed east into the woods. I approached along the road and as soon
as I found it's perching place about 20 m into the woods it once again flew
east and farther back into the woods. I have had many encounters with this
species but this one seemed more timid than the others. Also, I
searched for the bird for about two hours this morning and on two different
visits yesterday without success, so it is definitely not a given that the
bird can be located on any given visit.

A second note is regarding safety. This is a busy county road with narrow
shoulders. I suggest lookers park off of Glamorgan Road on Purcell's Road.
It's only about 200 m south of where the bird has been seen twice and you
can walk along Glamorgan Road to look for the bird. Purcell's Road is not
named on Google maps but it can be seen in Satellite view.

>From the village of Gooderham travel west along 503 approx. 1.6 km. Turn
right (north) on Gooderham Road. Purcell's Road is approx. 0.9 km along
Glamorgan and the bird was seen approx. 1.1 km along Glamorgan.

--
Dan

http://danbusby.ca
http://500px.com/DanBusby