Hi Everyone
The Snowy Owl southward irruption continues in eastern Ontario. Since early
December the numbers have been slowly increasing with a noticeable movement on
December 8th when a combined total of 25 individuals were observed in the
Richmond and  Casselman-Hawkesbury areas. Sightings continue to be reported all
over eastern Ontario including concentrations in the Kingston area including
both Wolfe and Amherst Island, Presqu'ile Provincial Park, Cobden,
Winchester-Chesterville and along the St.Lawrence River from Cornwall to
Brockville. This is likely the largest southward and most widespread movement
of Snowy Owls in the past 4 decades. Based on reports, I estimate between
100-130+ Snowy Owls are either present or have passed through eastern Ontario
moving further south in search of food. This movement coincides with a large
movement in Newfoundland and in northeastern United States. Please remember to
review OFO's birding code of ethics.
http://www.ofo.ca/ofo-docs/Code_of_Ethics.pdf
Good birding and Merry Christmas!
Bruce

Directions: If you require additional information,please email me privately.

Di Labio Birding Website
Courses and Field Trips
http://www.dilabiobirding.ca
http://www.brucedilabio.blogspot.com