Hi Everyone
Just back from a weekend of birding various areas in eastern Ontario. The Snowy
Owl continues to be found through most of the region in suitable habitat. Today
on Wolfe Island we counted 13 Snowy Owls all on the west side of the island.
All individuals appeared to be juvenile birds and very nervous. Most
individuals flushed easily.  Though the winds were out of the southwest at
30-35 km's with blowing snow most birds were perched on telephone poles, farm
buildings and a few on the ground. Also saw 650+ Snow Buntings and a couple of
Horned Lark. There was no open water except for the ice choked ferry channel.
Most side roads had numerous snow drifts. On Saturday out in the Ste. Rose area
there were 10+ Snowy Owls including a very tame individual that didn't flush
even with 20+ photographers around it. This is likely one of the regularly
baited Snowy Owls. In the Chesterville area another 5+ Snowy Owls were
observed. It appears that many of these owls have set up a winter territory sin
 ce they were using the same perches back on December 28th. At the DuPont
Plant's warm water lagoon there were 2 Mute Swan, 40+ Gadwall, 1 male
Ring-necked Duck, and 8 American Coot. If you're still looking for Snowy Owls
check your local airport! While leading a birding tour in Newfoundland and not
seeing any, I finally got my Snowy Owl for NL while taxiing down the runway.
When we landed home 3 were present!

Good birding,
Bruce

Directions: If you require additional information please email me privately.

Di Labio Birding Website
Courses and Field Trips
http://www.dilabiobirding.ca
http://www.brucedilabio.blogspot.com