January 26 -  After Checking ducks near the ice boom on the Niagara  River
in Fort Erie, I went to Port Colborne to try for the Ross's  Goose.

The Ross's Goose flew in at 4:32 PM with about 60 Canada Geese and landed
in the Welland Canal.

Traveling back on Highway 3 as I entered the Town of Fort Erie I turned
north on Ott Road and after about 3 miles I stopped were I saw a Castle under
construction on a hill to the west. A Short-earred Owl had been seen here.
 I did not see it, but did seen 4 Eastern Bluebirds.

Here are Blayne and Jean Farnan's excellent  directions:

Directions: From QEW Niagara bound take Exit49, Hwy.406  toward Port
Colborne
for 26 Km. to end.

Turning left on Roundabout, go under tunnel  then turn right
onto Hwy.140 for 11 Km.

Turn right onto Main St. East/Hwy.3. Travel  about 1 Km. to
light.

Turn right at light before Jackknife Bridge onto  Barber
Drive.

Turn left at first roadway leading to boat Gordon C.
Leitch, near  canal. Park at road's edge before the boat.

>From NY take the Peace Bridge  in Buffalo to Highway 3 (Garrison Road), and
go west to Port Colborne.

Bill Watson