Hi all,

I saw the male Barrow's Goldeneye yesterday afternoon (Sunday March 2nd) at
about 5:35 p.m. from the location noted by Andrew Keaveney in Washago, north of
Orillia (see below). It is possible it was there earlier but there were lots of
Common Goldeneye to look through (400 - 500, possibly more) and the late
afternoon sun, shimmer off the water, and extreme cold made it difficult to
locate. If it is a sunny day like it was yesterday, I wouldn't bother trying
much before 5:00 p.m. Most of the Goldeneye arrived after 4:45 p.m. There were
no Goldeneye present at 2:30 p.m.

Good luck,

Karl Konze
Guelph, Ontario

Directions as per Andrew Keaveney:  From Hwy. 11 north of Orillia, take the
exit onto #169 that brings you into the village of Washago.  Take your first
right onto Quetton St., crossing the railroad and then park before the bridge.