Good evening:  You can travel far and wide for a chance to see a Northern
Shrike.  Or you can look up from the book you are reading and see one on
your clothesline above a feeder with a startled Mourning Dove sitting in
said feeder "very quietly".

Yes indeed, at approximately 7:00pm this evening a Northern Shrike was on
my clothesline.  It was maybe 6 metres from me.  It stayed for a few
minutes until I grabbed my camera to take a photo.  What a treat!

Maureen
Brighton ON