Hello Everyone:

First Cowbirds today in the Iroquoia CA. (I can't say that i missed them
very much [?])
Warblers will likely soon follow...

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 11:12 PM, Cheryl Edgecombe <cheryl...@cogeco.ca>wrote:

> Snow Goose
> Cackling Goose
> Tundra Swan
> Wood Duck
> American Wigeon
> Blue-winged Teal
> Northern Shoveler
> Northern Pintail
> Green-winged Teal
> King Eider
> Red-breasted Merganser
> Pied-billed Grebe
> Horned Grebe
> Red-necked Grebe
> Turkey Vulture
> Osprey
> Bald Eagle
> Northern Harrier
> Sharp-shinned Hawk
> Red-shouldered Hawk
> Red-tailed Hawk
> Rough-legged Hawk
> Golden Eagle
> Merlin
> Peregrine Falcon
> Sandhill Crane
> Killdeer
> Wilson's Snipe
> American Woodcock
> Little Gull
> Iceland Gull
> Lesser Black-backed Gull
> Glaucous Gull
> Snowy Owl
> Eastern Phoebe
> Northern Shrike
> Common Raven
> Tree Swallow
> Red-breasted Nuthatch
> Eastern Bluebird
> Lapland Longspur
> Chipping Sparrow
> Rusty Blackbird
>

> Another week of struggling to find spring here in the Hamilton Study Area
> has brought in some hardy migrants but at the end of the day WHERE IS
> SPRING????  Over the past week a number of migrants have forged their way
> through rising and falling temperatures, icy conditions and then a melt.
> Birds are backed up in a big way and when the warm temperatures persist the
> flood gates will open.
>
> This week's highlight is not in bold but in the end, it was a spectacular
> find.  A full adult male King Eider was seen on the west side of LaSalle
> Marina on Tuesday.  Stunning photos reveal colours that could not ever be
> replicated.  It was a breath of fresh air to light up the spring but sadly
> one and a bit day wonder.  The bird was seen briefly on Wednesday east of
> the marina but flew off and was not found again.
>
> Migrants coming into the area this week include a number of species of
> waterfowl. A Snow Goose has been a casual guest at Windermere Basin earlier
> in the week with another one seen at Trafalgar and Derry Road.  Cackling
> Geese seem to be migrating through the area in numbers this spring with
> birds seen at 8th Line and Britannia in Mississauga, Bronte Harbour,
> LaSalle
> Marina, Satellite Golf Course up on Centennial and Mud Street and at 5th
> [...]

Many thanks,

Wayne

R.W. Bullock, MD,CCFP(EM)
Emergency Physician, Hamilton Health Sciences
Associate Clinical Professor, McMaster University

This information is directed in confidence solely to the person named above
and may not otherwise be distributed, copied or disclosed.  This
information should be considered strictly confidential.  If you have
received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately via
return email.  Thank you for your assistance.