posted with the permission of the Ontbirds Coordinator

Empowering Citizen Scientists in the Lake Simcoe and Nottawasaga Valley Areas
(Great Lakes Marsh Monitoring Program)
Sunday, May 4, 2014 from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM,  7:30 PM to 9:00 PM (EDT); Utopia,
ON

Bird Studies Canada, through support from Government of Canada's Lake
Simcoe/South-eastern Georgian Bay Clean Up Fund and in partnership with
Nottawasaga Valley Conservation Authority is hosting an orientation workshop
and social for the volunteer-based Great Lakes Marsh Monitoring Program (GLMMP;
www.birdscanada.org/volunteer/glmmp<http://www.birdscanada.org/volunteer/glmmp>
).  New naturalists can come and learn about the program and decide if it is
right for them.  Registered participants can update their knowledge and enjoy
the event.

*        Spend the afternoon with us at the Tiffin Centre Picnic Pavilion to
refresh your knowledge or be introduced to the GLMMP techniques. Classroom
portion runs 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm

*        Picnic with us: Bring your own supper and enjoy a picnic at the
pavilion before we go into the field (5:30pm to 7:00 pm)

*        Come birding and frogging at the Minesing Wetland viewing station at
7:30 pm we will meet at the parking lot.  For a map visit
http://goo.gl/maps/OZGVM

*        You can choose to attend the classroom or evening activities or both.

All are welcome! But pre-registration via http://goo.gl/9uwM11 is required as
limited space is available.

Kathy Jones
Ontario Programs Volunteer Coordinator
Bird Studies Canada
P.O. Box 160
Port Rowan, ON
N0E 1M0
volunt...@birdscanada.org
www.birdscanada.org<www.birdscanada.org%20>
Toll Free 1-888-448-2473 ext. 124
>From time to time, BSC may send you information regarding our programs,
>special issues, membership, and other correspondence. If you would prefer not
>to receive this information, please contact us by mail at the address above or
>e-mail rkir...@bsc-eoc.org<mailto:rkir...@bsc-eoc.org>. Thank you.

Remember to report Chorus Frogs to
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/OntChorusFrog-MarshBirdLctns