Just came from a walk at the Rouge Park and would like to put under your
consideration a Spruce Grouse observation. The bird, when I saw it, was perched
on a dead branch near to the top of a tree. The area, a section of the Cedar
Trail,  contains a dense stand of diverse conifers. The observation happened
around 7-7:30 pm and I got a good view of the bird. After a minute of
observation, it went down quietly between the branches.
I know the species is fairly common more to the north of this area, for example
at Algonquin, but this just happened and I wanted to send it for your
consideration.
Thank you
Leonardo CabreraPark EcologistRouge Park-Parks Canada