At around 11:40am this morning, I found an early arrival orange-crowned warbler
at Col. Sam Smith Park in Etobicoke.

The bird was foraging low in a tangle of thicket located south of the last
parking lot and on the west side of the main path leading south towards the
lake, right where it forks off toward the marina.

I was unable to get a photo, but was able to get Robert Baumander onto the bird.

Apologies for the delay and also for posting about what is not particularly a
rare species, just an early arrival.

However, since this may be one of the first sightings of orange-crowned this
year, I thought I'd get the word out for any birders who might be in the area
and may want to try for it.

Col. Sam Smith Park is located south of the intersection of Kipling ave. and
Lakeshore Blvd. in Toronto.

David Pryor

Sent from my iPhone