This is posted with permission of the ONT Birds Co-ordinator

*Birding Opportunities on the Cameron, Windmill and Bluebird Ranches on the Carden Alvar Provincial Park*

Volunteers are needed to help conduct point counts on the Cameron, Windmill and Bluebird Ranches on the Carden Alvar Provincial Park north of Kirkfield. These counts have been conducted since 2003.

All levels of birding expertise are welcome. We need novice birders to help with record keeping, intermediate birders who want to upgrade their skills and expert birders with expert ears and eyes to identify the birds of Alvar by sound and sight.

At this time we are looking for 10 to 15 volunteers to fill out teams for Saturday June 14.

If you are interested please contact me with some details about your birding skill levels. Please note that these activities require some moderate to medium level of exercise with walking between the points and from and to drop off locations. I will contact the team leaders with your information and they in turn will contact you.

Count teams will assemble at the Cameron Ranch parking lot at 6:00 am on June 14 and will disperse to their locations at about 6:30. There will be a wrap-up at Ron Reid's cabin on Wylie Road starting at about 11:30.

Please note the counts will take place rain or shine. The only cause for cancellation would be thunderstorms in the area.

Please contact me at wilsonbrucea_at_gmail_dot_com

Thanks.

Bruce Wilson
Barrie, Ontario
Life Member NMRA           Member Gauge 0 Guild
Member Scale 7 Group    Member 7mm NGA
Member  Bird Studies Canada     Member Ontario Bird Banding Association