Ontbirds subscribers,

This evening, before the rains began, I observed the male Lark Bunting on the
2nd Concession on Amherst Island between 7:10 and 7:40 p.m. The bird did sing
from the wires just east of the corner of the 2nd Concession and McGinn's Rd.
several times, but in the 30 minutes that I watched the bird it spent most of
its time feeding at the side of the gravel road.

The purpose of this post is to warn those going to drive in SLOWLY once you
pass the jog in the 2nd Concession at Emerald 40 Ft Rd.
It would be a real shame if the only good look you obtained of the bird was as
you pulled it out of your car's front grille !!  The same might be said of the
many well-hidden roadside deer.

Glenn Coady
Whitby, ON

Directions:  From the ferry dock in Stella, go south about 1 km and turn right
(west) on the 2nd Concession. Follow the 2nd Concession west until it T
junctions with Emerald 40 Ft. Rd. Turn left and then jog immediately right and
continue further west on the 2nd Concession until you meet the corner of Art
McGinn Rd. I saw the bird from this corner back further east to the first house
to the east (#6900) on the 2nd Concession. The bird is very vocal - calling or
singing most of the time that it isn't feeding.