The Snowy Egret reported earlier today by Ken Burrell at the Northfield Dr.
bridge over the Conestoga River was still present at noon. The bird flew
upriver out of sight after I viewed it for 10 minutes. It moved around quite a
bit while I was there so if you don't spot it right away be patient. The Snowy
landed beside a Great Blue Heron and then landed in a dead tree within 2 feet
of a Great Egret ( there were several in the area ) making it easy to compare
them.
Also from the bridge I had a brief look at a Bald Eagle and later an Osprey was
hunting along the river.
The bridge crossing the Conestoga River is on Northfield Drive between Waterloo
and Conestogo.

Scott Ferguson