Toronto - Colonel Sam Smith Park, bottom of Kipling Avenue at the lake:

The south edge of the marina harbour is bounded by a strip of land about 5 feet wide that makes a narrow brush-sheltered channel. The Least Bittern was actively hunting the entire channel in the rain at 4pm.

Proceed directly south from the farthest parking lot, aiming to curve to the right, south around the harbour. A narrow path branches to the right through the brush, even closer to the waters edge. The narrow channel will be obvious to your right below you. ‎Explore from there.

This bird is the size of a Starling, with really long legs. It is rust coloured but tough to spot while sitting still near the water's edge.

Good luck.

Keith Linton

PS: Yellow-crowned ‎Night Heron not in evidence at its previous location that I could see.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the TELUS network.