Hi all,

This afternoon, Burke Korol (from Barrie) and David ___?___ (from London)
re-found one of the Pacific Loons reported a couple days earlier. My son and I
were grateful to have them show it to us as well. The bird was visible from
Minet Point Park, on the south side of the bay. Originally the bird was almost
across the bay, but it drifted a considerable distance east while we watched
it. This particular bird appeared to be transitioning from breeding plumage to
winter plumage. Bring your scope!!

Directions (as per Andrew Keaveney):  These two parks are reached via Lakeshore
Dr. in Barrie.  Take Essa Rd. exit off of Hwy. 400 and head east to Kempenfelt
Bay.

Also seen at the Marina in Barrie were lots (10+?) of Little Gulls close to
shore. Unfortunately, we did not see the Black-legged Kittiwake.

Karl Konze
Guelph, Ontario