Hi Ontbirders,

Today I took my older daughter, Alexa (8), with me to Sedgewick Park in
Oakville and we were rewarded with close, easy views of "The Sedgewick Five".
It started with a nice view of the Nashville Warbler as we got out of the car
at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses parking lot (no parking on Sundays),
we then searched up the stream as we walked toward the water treatment plant
fence line, in a thicket we had 2 Yellow-rumpeds and the male Wilson's, we also
had a Winter Wren and a couple of Song & White-throated Sparrows.  Up the hill
and on the south side of the small stream in the thickets were the Tennessee
and Orange-crowned.  I met Bob Yukich and his wife here and he had seen 2
Orange-crowneds to the north side of the fence, so there could be as many as 3
Orange-crownds in the area.

The Wilson's is a very aggressive little warbler, as I saw it chase off each of
the Nashville & Tennessee Warblers on a few occasions.  As noted in previous
posts, the TEWA is a very yellow bird, looking a bit like a bright
Orange-crowned, but with no streaking and a white undertail.

Great little microclimate for these birds with running water in the stream and
many midges/flies around because of the treatment plant.

Cheers & Good birding,
Frank Pinilla
Richmond Hill, ON

Directions:
Sedgewick Park can be reached by exiting QEW at Third Line then going south to
Hixon and east to the end. Once there park and walk south-easterly to the chain
link fence by the sewage treatment plant and look for the birds.
The Kingdom Hall parking lot is actually much closer than the Hixon route, it
is on the north side of Lakeshore Rd just west of Sandwell Rd., which is about
1km east of Third Line.

Sent from my iPhone
(416) 559-7075