Ontbirders,
So far 199 species of birds have been reported in Ontario since December 1,
2014. Since my last update on January 1, 2015 the following species have been
added: Wilson's Snipe, American Three-toed Woodpecker, Gray Partridge, Pine
Warbler, Common Eider, Lincoln's Sparrow, Blue-winged Teal and Clay-colored
Sparrow. Few "expected" species remain that haven't yet been reported in the
province. Some of the more likely ones include Black-legged Kittiwake,
California Gull, House Wren and Willow Ptarmigan. As always should you know of
any additions or corrections to the list, please let me know. The spreadsheet
containing the winter list can be found at http://tinyurl.com/myyulvs
Good (winter) birding,Josh

Josh Vandermeulen
Aurora, Ontario