Today at 13:10 I watched a white Gyrfalcon for some time on County Road 13.
It was initially being mobbed by a male Northern Harrier but then went to
perch on a telegraph pole before moving 100m further along the road and then
out over the lake and along the shore. Photos on Flickr. There are cliffs
very nearby at Little Bluff Conservation Area, so if visiting this might be
a good place to check, though you'll be on top of the cliffs rather than
looking at them.

At Cressy Point, I also found 5 Cackling Geese among the several thousand
Canada Geese.

Directions: From Picton, take Hwy 8 east watching for a right turn onto Hwy
13 after about 10 km. Follow Hwy 13 for another 18km, passing Little Bluff
CA on your left and Whattams Rd on your right. Just a few hundred metres
after Whattams you approach house number 3790 (though there's no house
there) at a dip and turn in the road (43.932245, -76.982761). Please
remember, the land here is all private so after trying the roads, I'd
suggest Little Bluff CA. For the Cackling Geese return to Hwy 8 and continue
east for another 16km or so to Cressy Lakeside Rd but good luck with these
as the Canada Geese were spread along approximately 3-4km of shoreline.

Mark.

Mark D. Read

47 Ellerbeck Street, Unit 1,

Kingston, Ontario

K7L 4H5

Canada

Mobile: +1 (613) 217-1246

Email: markdr...@gmail.com

Blog: "Confessions of a Global Birder" http://markdread.blogspot.com
<http://markdread.blogspot.com/>

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/markdread/

eBird Guidelines for Reporting Sensitive Species
<http://help.ebird.org/customer/portal/articles/1006789-guidelines-for-repor
ting-sensitive-species>