A male Eurasian Wigeon is currently in the
first (south) pond of the Moonbeam Sewage Lagoons.  I found the bird yesterday
evening and just
saw it again this morning at 7am.  It is
feeding alone on the far side of the pond near the grassy shore.  Also in the
ponds were American Wigeons, Ring-necked
Ducks, Common Goldeneye and Northern Shovelers.

Directions: Moonbeam (Cochrane District, Northern Ontario) is located 470 km
north of North Bay
and 21 km east of Kapuskasing.  You can
access the Moonbeam Sewage Lagoons by turning on St-Aubin Avenue from Highway
11 (when coming from the east).
The lagoon ponds are situated behind the big blue Municipal Garage.  Past
the gate, a trail allows you to access both ponds of the Lagoon.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you need more information or photos.

Roxane Filion

roxanefili...@hotmail.com