At 9:45 a.m. today the Am. White Pelican could be seen from Princess Point.  It
was swimming well out in the bay and heading north-east -ish, in the general
direction of Hickory Island where it has been spending a lot of its time.

As previously noted, this bird does not appear to be in breeding plumage.  The
wings are a very light grey, and there is no central projection on the bill.

Joyce Collier-Brown
North York

Princess Point in Hamilton:  from the east, take the 403 to Main St., turn left
on Main (it is one way), left on Dundurn, and left on King.  Cross back over
the 403 and turn right on Maclin.  Follow Maclin to the end, then go as far as
you can into the Princess Point parking area.  A footpath parallels the shore
and gives views over the water.

I have no idea how to reach it from any other direction.  Hamilton gets me all
turned around.