Further to Bruce and Ben Di Labio's report of southbound Lesser Yellowlegs
in Ottawa, I saw three adult Lessers today at Holland Landing south of Lake
Simcoe. We soon can expect the first southbound adult Least Sandpipers and
Short-billed Dowitchers. July is also a good time to watch for Eurasian
vagrants such as Ruff, Little Stint and Spotted Redshank. Please see link
for information on Southbound Shorebirds including a migration chart of
arrival dates for adults and juveniles.
http://www.ofo.ca/site/page/view/articles.southboundshorebirds

Ron Pittaway
Toronto ON