I went to this location specifically after I got a text from Burke Korol
just before noon today giving me the "heads-up" on the presence of a
Pacific Loon near the west end of the bay.  Shortly after I arrived at 1:20
pm I found one swimming and diving in an east-northeast direction from the
park and only about half-way across the bay.  It was under observation for
about 8 minutes (but too far away to get photographs) during which time I
was able to see the relatively narrow black and yellow bill; the narrow
chin strip; the blackish body colour right to the water line and white
chest and throat.  No mottling what-so-ever on the back. The top of the
head and back of neck looked slightly greyer than the back, sides of the
neck, back and sides.  Bob Bowles (pers. comm) not a Pacific Loon off the
Hooter's on ne side of bay around 3:00 pm .. which could be the same one I
saw, since I lost sight of it about 8 minutes after I first saw it.

Directions: exit Hwy. #400 at Essa Road; then to Lakeshore Drive to Minets
Point Drive what turns into White Oaks Road.  It is small park but cannot
possibly miss it.

Wayne Renaud (waynerenau...@gmail.com)