Ontario Birders:

This afternoon my daughter and I posted directions with civic addresses to
help the many folks still looking for the Smew.

Please note that the small bay in question is easily visible from the
roadside.  There is absolutely no need to trespass in any way on what is
clearly private property.

I trust that as the birding community continues to search for this bird, it
will do so in a manner that is fully consistent with the *OFO Code of
Ethics* – specifically to “*respect the rights of landowners and occupiers
of land*.”

In this regard, the *Code *also offers an important reminder: *“Your
exemplary behavior will generate goodwill with birders and non-birders
alike.”*

Aaron Hywarren

OTTAWA