Birders,

I decided on a lunch drive up George Johnston Rd and then decided to walk a bit
of the Willow Creek trail.  Within 2 minutes of walking I spotted a distant
buteo-like bird.  I watched it climb quickly on a thermal and as it came closer
I saw it was much too broad/bulky for a buteo. Smallish head compared to Bald,
and it was all dark at a distance, once a little close there was a little bit
of lighter feathers on back of wings and still quite dark underneath.

No doubt it was an adult Golden Eagle.  It headed in a WSW direction once it
got some height.

Frank

Directions:

George Johnston Rd (CR28) runs north from Cty Rd 90 just west of Barrie.  The
access point/trail is on George Johnston about 6-7km north of Hwy90

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone