I spotted the American Coot on the outer edge of a group of about 50 Mallards
(it was diving and grabbing small fish) Yesterday afternoon Feb 2nd
In the group of Mallards there was a Leucistic Mallard (Blonde Mallard) (A
Quote from AUDUBON"pale-feathered birds with normally colored eyes have a
condition known as leucism") ("Nature Notes"--"A Blonde Mallard  is probably a
pure Mallard female which has a lack of pigment in its plumage, a condition
known as leucism")  NOT A TRUE SUBSPECIES  just a genetic disorder

This group of Mallards seem to be staying around The Pump House Steam Museum on
(23 Ontario st. Kingston )

I have Photos of both!! (my first report)

Ed Snider, Peggy Adamson --Brockville Ontario