Hello All,

The Mississippi Kite first observed by Blayne and Jean Farnan on Thursday May
19 can still be found at Mud Lake Conservation Area on Elm Street in Port
Colborne. Jean and I returned to Mud Lake late this afternoon with more time on
our hands and observed the kite soaring, circling and diving above us at the
north end of the conservation area. Much better view this time. We were on the
section of the Blue Heron Trail that opens to a mixture of scrub and Cedars
when we observed the Mississippi Kite at 5:05 PM.  Directions: From St.
Catharines, travel south on Highway 406 to the East Main Roundabout in Welland.
Continue west on East Main.
At Crowland Avenue, turn left and head south to Lincoln St. Turn right onto
Lincoln St. and drive to Prince Charles Dr. You will reach Prince Charles Dr.
after crossing King St and the recreational canal. At Prince Charles Drive
(Highway 58), turn left and head south to Forks Road. After crossing the
overpass, exit Highway 58 on the right to access Forks Road. Turn right on
Forks Road and head east to Elm Street. Turn right onto Elm Street and head
south to Mud Lake C.A. The parking area will be on the left. Best Regards, Bob
Highcock and Jean Hampson