From: Tim Mccarthy, via Ontbirds.

Wow. It's been 15 years. Do you remember what you started off doing that dark
day in 2001?

Today I hope the world is a better place but I don't know for sure. High Park
was really jumpin' though with perfect Raptor migration weather and a cast of
hawk watchers that would rival the best anywhere. Birds came through all day
but afternoon was Broadwing time when the kettles came over in 40s and 50s.
They were so high up it made me remember why I'm the guy who writes down the
count. The others put on a clinic to show what was possible in hawk spotting.
Although there was a good number of Broadwings through today and I suspect many
more will come before Sept. 17th we are still going to hold our Linear
Broadwing count on the 17th anyway. Everyone is encouraged to participate and
anyone who needs details about this please email me ASAP.

timmccarth...@hotmail.com

Today they saw, and I recorded:

2    Turkey Vultures for  a season's total of   23
6    Osprey                                                        8
2    Bald Eagles                                                12
5    Northern Harriers                                       6
94  Sharpshins                                               151
10  Coopers                                                     15
422 Broadwings                                              340
24   Redtails                                                     51
35  Am.Kestrel                                                 55
 2   Merlin                                                          3
 1   Peregrine                                                     2
 9   assorted un id
Dozens of Monarch Butterflies and Assorted Dragonflies.
I've got a feeling that tomorrow's south winds are going to put us back in the
doldrums again but I plan to be there and find out.

Toronto's High Park is one of the best and most regular places to see migrating
Raptors. You'll find all the amenities plus us, right next to the Grenadier
Restaurant from around  9:30 am until the action stops.
Happy Hawking,
Tim