Hi Everyone
Viewing conditions along the Ottawa River were excellent this morning and I
observed two adult male Barrow's Goldeneyes, one west of Britannia Pier
(photo)  and a second male at the top of Deschenes Rapids. I was watching
these individuals as Jon watched the Barrow's Goldeneye's at Shirley's Bay.
A total of 5 Barrow's Goldeneye's in early November is a record high count.
I also observed two yellow/orange billed female Common Goldeneyes  and at
Shirley's Bay Jon and I observed another one.
Last winter there were up to 5 Barrow's Goldeneyes overwintering in the
area. Theses are likely some of the individuals returning for the winter.

Good birding,
Bruce

Bruce Di Labio
P.O.Box 538