I've had some folks point out this is indeed a Summer Tanager, not Scarlet,
my ID guide that mentioned the bill colour difference I guess isn't
entirely diagnostic! Thanks to everyone who pointed that out, this one will
be a lifer for me...

I have a Flickr album of all photos taken, unedited:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rgeraldporter/sets/72157674953402142/with/30639393360/

As posted previously, the directions to where it was found:

Where spotted:
https://goo.gl/maps/AEJF4d3UFVr

Trail entrance:
near 110 Edgehill Dr, Hamilton, ON
https://goo.gl/maps/WhbuNfccwcK2

--
Robert Gerald Porter

Hamilton Naturalists' Club / Field Events Director
Weever Apps / Chief Innovation Officer, Co-founder

http://twitter.com/rgeraldporter