An update on the bird:

After refinding the Caracara in Michipicoten, we watched the bird for about 15
minutes until David Pryor, Barb Charlton and Tyler Hoar arrived, at which point
the bird was perched in a tree at the intersection of Whitney Street and
Superior Street. After some time the bird flew to the northeast and we
relocated it on a lawn located on the south side of Brock Avenue, just west of
the intersection with Queen Street.  There is a lighthouse shaped shed in the
backyard here. It was still walking around on the lawn when we left at 9:40 AM.

I have posted a few photos on my blog (joshvandermeulen.blogspot.com).

Michipicoten is located on the west side of Highway 17, just south of Wawa.

Good birding,
Josh Vandermeulen
Jeremy Bensette
Steve Charbonneau