Amazing weather for this outing resulted in a huge group heading out from
Cayuga this morning. At least 60 birders in 32 cars enjoyed the sunny, 14
degree celsius temperatures as we covered the snowless Haldimand region.

A total of 43 species were recorded . Highlights included a lone Killdeer at
Kohler Raceway, Eastern Bluebirds, Tufted Titmice, Red-bellied Woodpeckers, one
Grackle, several Cowbirds, flocks of Red-winged Blackbirds, Cedar Waxwings,
single Northern Mockingbird, Hermit Thrush, Northern Shrike , Yellow-rumped
Warbler, and numerous Horned Larks.

Raptors :  Eastern Screech Owl, Red-tailed and Rough-legged Hawks,
Sharp-shinned Hawk, American Kestrel, Bald Eagle, Northern Harrier.

We ended the day at Fisherville Raptor Reserve. From here a number of birders
headed for 10th Line East near Hamilton to search for Short-eared owls at dusk.
One was seen there Saturday at sunset.

Many thanks to co-leader Barry Coombs for his expertise and compilation of
checklists and e-bird reports for the day.

Dave Milsom

milsomd...@hotmail.com