Ontbirds subscribers,

Some lake watching off Thickson's Woods today produced a rufous morph male Ruff
migrating west past Thickson's Woods in a flock with 16 Lesser Yellowlegs and 3
Short-billed Dowitchers at 4:50 p.m. The flock was headed west out over the
lake and eventually lost to sight behind Thickson Point. I thought I should
post so that people to the west would check their local shorebird spots to see
if they have stopped anywhere else in Durham or further on.

Large numbers of Red-breasted Mergansers were also moving and a new influx of
Barn Swallows were all over the bay looking quite confused by the weather.

Looks like frost will hit out here in Durham Region overnight - it will be
interesting to see whether it triggers any reverse migrants.

Thickson Bay and Thickson Point can be accessed at the southern terminus of
Thickson Road South (from exit 412 on Hwy 401) via the Waterfront Trail
westward from the cul-de-sac.

Glenn Coady

Whitby