After some time we got close enough and the bird at Ashbridges we reported as
this morning's Red Knot is a Dowitcher sp, most likely Short-billed. We have
pictures on a camera we can send later. This does not mean there wasn't a Red
Knot but our bird's bill was about twice as long as a Red Knot and other
markers in wing pattern and size indicate dowitcher

Dowitcher was fighting with Killdeer and has flown away at least for now

My apology for the misidentification on the fly

Theresa Dobko