I went to Nonquon lagoons yesterday and the birding was quite good. In an
hoir or so I had 55 species including six species of Sandpiper. Killdeer,
Spotted Sandpiper, Solitary Sandpiper, Least Sandpiper, Lesser Lellowlegs
and snipe. There were also nine species of warblers there, a Moorhen and
three lingering Black Terns. Additionally I had 198 Bonaparte's Gulls. This
was an actual count of sitting birds in case you're wondering. The numbers
and variety of ducks is building. The family of Trumpeters is doing great.

The lagoons are located on the north edge of Port Perry on the 8th
Concession. Don't forget you need a permit.