Hello Ontbirders,

Earlier today a possible Sharp-tailed Sandpiper was reported to Ontbirds from a
sighting on September 3rd.  The associated photos looked promising.

I checked the Exeter sewage lagoons this evening to see if this bird was still
around, but I could not find it.  Many of the birds in the eBird list from
September 3rd had gone.  There were several Pectoral Sandpipers present, but
none were the same bird that was shown in the eBird photos.

I suspect this bird may have departed to points south ahead of the large band
of thunderstorms across southern Ontario late yesterday afternoon.  It may be
prudent to check your favourite shorebird haunts south of Exeter to see if it
has relocated elsewhere.

Gord Payne
London, ON
vi...@sympatico.ca