Hope u find this info useful

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 10:43 PM, Brian Morin via
ONTBIRDS<birdalert@ontbirds.ca> wrote:   I'll begin with the latter bird. A
*Pink-footed Goose* was
reported yesterday from Malone New York about 30 miles southeast of
Cornwall on Rt 37. For those interested it was seen at Malone recreational
park pond. The significance of this sighting is that there is a high
probability this is the bird we had hoped would return to the Casselman
area this fall but to date has not been sighted.

This afternoon's check of perhaps 20,000 Snow Geese on Lafleche Rd east of
Casselman off Hwy 138 did not reveal any big surprises. However, I saw a
bird I had never seen before and perhaps no one else has either. I spotted
a goose that I at first thought was a Ross's Goose when I saw its head then
realized was a hybrid Ross x Lesser Snow Goose because it had
characteristics of both but this one was unique, at least for me.

I have seen a number of hybrids over the years but this bird had a classic
Ross's Goose head and bill. It was textbook to the point that seeing only
the head you would absolutely call it Ross's rather than the slightly more
sloping forehead and a bit longer bill of a typical hybrid. Size of a
hybrid is usually intermediate between the two species but not this time.
This bird was full-sized Lesser Snow Goose. It was so odd looking that it
was like someone had stuck a Ross's Goose head on a Lesser Snow Goose. It
was too far out for photos but the scope view was excellent and I watched
it for a while. Chalk up yet another unique bird for the record.

Finally, there were about 100 Sandhill Cranes on McFadden Rd southeast of
Navan. We initially found 14, two fields in, on the north side below the
hill but not in the corn. Then over the next 20 minutes another 80-90 birds
came in from the field to the south. Some landed but some continued
northwest towards Milton Rd. Directions to this site: from Ottawa east take
Trim Rd south almost to the end and turn east on McFadden. The birds were
about 100 yards down the Rd.

Brian Morin