Hi Ontario birding community,

I would like to report that the Mountain Bluebird found yesterday is still
being seen at Snyder's Flats in Waterloo. It has been hanging out within 100m
of Snyder's Flats Rd, about 50m before the last parking area all day today
around the same spot it had been found yesterday. It has been flying from tree
to tree and frequently perches on the highest tips of bushes and trees,
crossing the road regularly. It seems to want to be on both sides of the road,
back and forth, forever. Let's hope it sticks around for at least a few days so
people can see it when the weather is not so poor!

Snyder's Flats Rd is off of Sawmill Rd at the northeast corner of Waterloo.

Big year stuff below... This might get a bit mushy...

This Mountain Bluebird marks a lifetime birding highlight for me... This is the
343rd bird species I have seen this year in our great beautiful province of
Ontario, and therefore this sighting ties with Ontario's Big Year record, set
in 2012 by Josh Vandermeulen.

I want to make special note to thank Josh, one of my best friends, for being so
unwaveringly supportive of this crazy journey. Josh has been so helpful and
positive throughout this year and has been by far one of the greatest
influences in my birding career. Thanks so much Josh for everything you do for
me. I also want to take this opportunity to especially thank Tim Arthur, Sarah
Lamond, and Bruce DiLabio for unconditional support, positivity, good company,
and close friendship throughout this crazy year. These four, among many others
(you know who you are but I will do my best to personally thank each of you)
are some of the best friends I could ever ask for. There are also countless
others who have supported and pushed me along to make this accomplishment
possible. I am generally so appreciative for the support of all of my family,
friends near and far, clubs like OFO and ECFNC, and the gang at Vortex Canada
for collectively pushing me, rooting for me, and generally supporting me. This
is something I could never have achieved alone and as cheesy as this email may
read, I am really so grateful for all of you from the bottom of my heart. I
cannot finish this email without thanking Alan Wormington. I would not be half
the birder I am today if not for Alan being such a big part of my life.

Again, thanks so much everyone for everything you've done to help along with
this team accomplishment. I will not slow down until 2017 has finished, and I
wish you all the best luck this fall and winter.

Jere

Jeremy Bensette - Leamington, ON
I'm doing an Ontario Big Year in 2017!
Mountain Bluebird makes 343 species!
Now, back to the search... There are still six weeks left in the year!!