Just saw the adult grey Gyrfalcon (10:15) as I came across from Wolfe to
Kingston. It was about 1.5 km from the city. Incredibly it took on 2 Snowy
Owls, taking a big clutch of feathers from the second. There is also a
Peregrine Falcon around nearer the city. Great for comparison but beware of
confusion.

The ferry to Wolfe Island leaves from Kingston roughly every hour but ‘slips’ a
bit over lunch. If continuing to the island be warned that most of the roads
are untreated and sheet ice. My usual journey of 8 minutes to the ferry took
over half an hour this morning.

Good birding
Mark

Sent from my iPhone