I just spotted a male Common Teal in the shorebird cell while birding with Kate
Derbyshire at Hillman Marsh CA!! It does not show any signs of
intergradation/hybridization with our "American" Green-winged Teal.

The entrance to Hillman Marsh CA is on Mersea Rd 2 near the intersection with
Mersea Rd 19. The shorebird cell is unfortunately by accessible for the next
couple of hours because there is a prescribed burn starting now next to the
trail that leads to the shorebird cell. It will be open again in a couple of
hours (we all had to leave the trails as well of course).

Super stoked; this is the first clear cut Common Teal I've ever found in
Ontario!!

Good birding,
Jere

Jeremy Bensette - Leamington, ON